Monday 3 November 2014

Week 1 - Script Work for Jenni (Research for Script Writing)

To be able to research, collate and prepare background materials:


What I did:
I had to plan my idea, which basically entailed me writing a synopsis of what it will be about. My script will be about a teenage breakup but done in a more serious note.
I also had to find background material which will help with my idea for example looking up TV show which involved breakups and I also added a bit of Anime to the mix.
I also had to do Primary and Secondary research on script writing. For my primary research I had a focus group where I asked them for ideas on my script, this is when I got an idea about doing a breakup and then someone else added to that Idea by saying to make it so the female is in the wrong as in most breakups on TV shows its normally shown that the guy is at fault. For my secondary research I found a book which included a more gown up but yet young break up and analysed the situation and why they broke up in the first place. IO then wanted something more real, so I looked up celebrity breakups, for an example the breakup between "Madonna" and her ex-boyfriend.
After doing that I then found 3 published scripts of different TV shows and screen shot little bits of it, and then explain how this can help with creating my own Script in the future.
Although my script idea was to do with a breakup, I couldn't find any online scripts to do with breakups, but because my script will include teenagers, I thought I would find scripts which involves teenagers to see how they act and speak to one another.  I picked Waterloo Road, Worst Year of my Life and Wolfblood as all 3 are heavily to do with Teenagers.


Why it was useful?
This was useful because when I have a future assignment of creating script I now know exactly what to do, and how to do. This will help me gain the highest grade possible. This is also helpful as it has helped me gain more knowledge on how to research difficult things, as it took a while to find published scripts.




What I thought?
I really enjoyed this, although it was a little long winded and complicated at times. Once I got into it and knew what I was doing I found it really good and helpful.





No comments:

Post a Comment